every drop counts
I know it sounds crazy, but really every drop in the ocean counts. Our water is so valuable and such a precious resource. It brings life to the world but can also take life. Here in Australia, we are the ones who can make a change. We are the ones who are wasting water every single day through the little things. Here are 4 simple ways that you can help fight the water crisis in our world and save water around your house.
1. Have shorter showers – Showers are the third largest consumers of water in most homes. An eight minute shower uses around 65 litres of water!
2. Use the half flush on the toilet – Not only will doing this simple thing each time you go to the toilet save water, it will also cut down your monthly water bills
3. Only run the tap when you need it – turn the tap off when you are brushing your teeth or doing something in the kitchen, every extra second wastes litres of water
4. Wait until you’ve got a full load – Washing machines and dishwashers use a lot of water. Wait until your machine is fully loaded before you put it on.
5. Purchase second hand denim – denim requires a crazy amount of valuable water to produce, so by purchasing second hand over brand new, you can save thousands of litres of valuable water.